Friday, October 18, 2013

Featured Friday - Old Red Barn Production

This Friday's interview is with JL Jordan, owner of Old Red Barn Production and Beyond The Lens Cap 

Tell me a bit about yourself and what you sell:

I grew up on a farm in Illinois, but have been in Florida for many years and I have survived raising 4 kids. My mom always had a crochet hook in one hand and a camera in the other with a craft she’s creating on the table, so I guess I am following in her footsteps. I have two shops: Old Red Barn Productions sells craft and yarn items, while Beyond The Lens Cap sells photos.


Favorite piece you have made- and why?

Maybe it’s because I have the attention span of a gnat, but my most favorite piece is the one I’m working on. I always get so excited about starting a new project.
CHECK OUT PIECE TO LEFT 

 

 

 

 

What inspires you?

Nature and animals and colors and shiny things.
CHECK OUT PIECE TO LEFT


Favorite part about living in Florida?

No snow. This winter when you all up north are shoveling snow, I’ll be sitting on my back porch sipping lemonade and saying, “I sure love living in Florida”.

See yourself in 5 years?

Hopefully alive and well with a crochet hook in one hand and a camera in the other with a craft I’m creating on the table.
CHECK OUT PIECE TO LEFT

Zombie Apocalypse! Quick, what skills do you use to help those around you?

You do realize that zombies are so misunderstood. Why, who wouldn’t be cranky looking like that? Instead of running around half naked in all kinds of weather, they could use a good hat and scarf with a nice necklace to make them feel pretty. Then I could take their picture and when the flash went off and blinded them, we could all run like heck (sorry, I was taught not to cuss in public – well, actually I was taught not to cuss, but we won’t tell mom, ok?).
CHECK OUT PIECE TO LEFT

What would I find in your refrigerator right now?

Five gallons of milk. I only shop for groceries once a week and we love milk. The check-out lady at the store always asks when I’m getting my cow. I would, but I don’t think my HOA would approve.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, what would it be?

They’ve already made “Gone With The Wind”.
CHECK OUT PIECE TO LEFT   









If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be and your name?

“SuperMom” I’d be able to juggle four things at once. Fly around town in my mini-van. And have eyes in the back of my head. Oh wait, I do. Hmmm. Never mind.


Thank you for letting me interview you (and answering so many of the fun questions!) Remember to go show Old Red Barn Production and Beyond The Lens Cap some love <3
-Chelsey
As it comes, it goes

2 comments: