Sunday, July 18, 2010

Interview with Embraced Babies






Meet Heather of Embraced Babies

Who are you?
I am a Jersey born beach loving, Florida girl, who is honest, dependable, quick witted, loyal, creative and a little obsessive compulsive.

What do you create?
I create what makes me happy at the time. Some days it is an applique that I sketch out and then find the fabric that will bring it to life. Or maybe my daughters need new hair accessories for an outfit. Other days it is something someone requests me to design for them, like my chapstick cozies. These were created for my sister who loses EVERYTHING. She called me up one day and said "I probably own 15 chapsticks and I can't find any and I have severe chapped lips. HELP ME!" So I sat down and made a few prototypes until I was happy with the end result. I thank my sister all the time as these have become my best seller.

How did you come about your store name?
I had just had my daughter and since I am a baby wearing mama I was thinking of something that would incorporat my parenting style. Plus who doesn't love to embrace babies??

What is the crafting utensil you cannot live without?
A sharp pair of scissors! And a measuring tape. This is where my OCD comes in. I have to measure everything multiple times to make sure it is EXACT!


What is your life like outside of Etsy?
I am a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters and I have an amazing husband. We enjoy spending time with family and great friends! My children make me stop and realize that we need to make the best out of whatever is thrown our way! So we try to laugh often and live in the moment. We try to do something creative every day. Some days we only have time to make up silly songs other days we break out the art box and begin crafting.

What do you enjoy "window shopping" on Etsy on your free time?
Oh boy! This is a hard one....I can get lost on Etsy for hours and hours searching for all sorts of things. If I see something I like in a store I search Etsy first to see if I can find it handmade. I usually can and most of the times it is better quality at a better price! Most recently I have been "shopping" for vinyl quotes and designs for my daughters bedroom.

Is there an online "tool" that you like to use?
I like using my Facebook Fan Page to let people know about some new projects I'm working on. But I have to admit I need to really work on it more. If only there were more hours in the day!!

What other interests do you have?
I love to travel. Since having children we have been mostly traveling in Florida. But that is ok with me as there are many beautiful places to explore here. I also love the water. So whether I am out on our boat, in our pool, or relaxing on the beach I am happy! My husband and I also love to snorkel and we are very excited to be taking our oldest (4 year old) to Molasses Reef in Key Largo this summer to show her where her daddy grew up and where her mommy fell in love with him and Florida.

Where in Florida do you live?
I live in Vero Beach. I have been here since 2001. My husband and I moved here from Key Largo where he was born and raised. I moved to Key Largo in '97 for what was supposed to be 6 months. I fell in love (With my hubby and the state) and never returned to New Jersey. Vero Beach is a great place to raise a family! There are many things for families to do with their children. From Children's Story Hour to the Theatre to an Art Museum there is something for all ages. Plus the beaches here are beautiful!

Could you recommend a fun activity near your Fl home that other members might enjoy?
Hmmm....Let's see....I have 2 little ones so that is how I spend my out and about time. The Vero Beach Children's Book Center is an amazing place to spend an afternoon. It is filled with a wide array of books, unique toys and games. There are train tables and doll houses for the kids to play with while the parents shop or read a book from the 2nd floor bargain book section. Every Friday Miss Julie reads to the kids during Story Hour. Once a month they have pajama story hour. And everyone is encouraged to wear their PJ's. Plus they have many author appearances for book signings. And every holiday is celebrated with a special event. My husband just took the girls there for "Donuts with Dad"! I could go on and on so just come to Vero and check it out with your kids or grandkids!

What animal would you like to be for one day and why?
My house cat! Because she always has her meals and beverages provided to her at the slightest meow. Plus I think she gets to sleep more than the 18 hours most cats sleep. And being that I haven't slept through the night in over 5 years I could really use 18 hours to catch up.

What “super” power would you like to have and why?
I would like to be a mind reader. I think it would be awesome to get into someones mind and see what they were really thinking and not what they thought others wanted to hear.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You are so creative. I love children, I think your daughter is very cute!
    Mani

    ReplyDelete