Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Winner of our Team JUNE MEGA CHALLENGE!

Meet Maria of ClassynChic:

Who are you?
I'm Maria proud mother of two beautiful children, loving wife of a very supportive husband, and creator of beautiful and original handmade items. I work full-time as an Accountant/Office Manager for a small company. There, I work with numbers all day long, so coming home to my family and to invent a piece of jewelry allows me to relax and express out loud my bubbly creative side.

What do you create?
I like to create pretty and charming necklaces, bracelets and earrings that are the perfect touch of elegance and sparkle for everyday wear. In order to accomplish that, I’m periodically learning new techniques. Moreover, I take different classes to keep up with current trends and the infinite ways to make original pieces even when I follow a given pattern

Where does your inspiration come from?
My inspiration usually comes from the colors of the bead. I picked a bead, small or big, and then design around it.

When did you know you were an artist?
Since I was a teenager, I’ve been a fan of all things handcrafted. Among my hobbies: I love to knit baby pieces and I enjoy making unique cards, invitations, thank you notes, and the like.

What does handmade mean to you?
Handmade means “made with love.” Love to create something unique for someone special or not. It means that you are putting part of you on a piece that will make somebody happy. It is so rewarding to look at the finished piece and see that somebody “loves it or just likes it”

What is your favorite material to work with?
 I like to work with pearls and shells.

What is your life outside of Etsy?
Outside Etsy, I’m a busy mom with a full time job. Most of my weekends are full of soccer, cheerleader, music, pool, and kids and adult parties. Some other weekends I knit or go to the beach.

What do you enjoy "window shopping" on Etsy on your free time?
I really enjoy seeing what other artist makes. It amazes me how creative Etsians are, their original ideas, the wide variety of materials some members use. I love to “window shop” on Etsy. I usually send link to my friends.-

What other interests do you have?
Love to spend time with friends and watch movies.-

Where do you live in Florida?
Tampa

Could you recommend a fun activity near your Fl home that other members might enjoy?
Tubing on any Florida spring is a great activity for kids and adults.


What are some other sites to find out more about you and your art?
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/ClassynChic

How do you get out of your creative ruts?
Usually my husband come to my little oasis and takes out to go to bed or because we have to go someplace. But my creative mind is always working: sometimes I see a piece somebody is wearing and I think I can make better or different or just it gives me an idea.

Where would you like to be in ten years?
Honestly..in a new and bigger house.

If you could peek inside the studio of any artist, designer or craftsman (dead or alive), who would it be?
Carolina Herrera or Coco Channel

What handmade possession do you most cherish?
A photo frame my daughter made in kindergarten that reads: “We’re the Perfect Pair”

Where would you go if you had a time machine and why?
I would go to the 1920. Love the fashion of that time…so feminine.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
I have done many. Let’s just leave it at that.-

If you were a dessert what would it be and why?
A plain bar of milk Chocolate. It is good by itself and it becomes great when is paired with something else like fruits, cookies, etc. I’m good by myself, but I become great among my family and friends.

1 comment: